Monday, November 9, 2015

Your Will, Not Mine

I didn't call.  I am trying not to do things as I always have.  I went to a meeting the other night and heard somebody say, "I am tired of taking the same steps over and over again and I am ready for a change."  I am, too.  I am, well was, the very definition of insanity.  I continued doing the same thing over and over again expecting the outcome to be different.  I was driving myself crazy.  It has been my experience that I cannot do anything different by staying in the atmosphere I was in.  It was very difficult for  me to live with him in his active addiction.  I really want him to get help and I know he has to do it for himself.  I love him like no other, Lord, and You know this.  I also have to accept that he may never get the help he deserves and I am not sure how I feel about that.  

This disease is very ugly!  I married him thinking we could enjoy the rest of our lives together.  I envisioned family vacations, many family Christmas celebrations, tons of birthday celebrations, spending time together, raising a family, traveling, falling in love over and over again.  I knew it wasn't going to be a fairytale, but I never imagined we would be where we are today...

I am slowly learning and even slower at accepting that this is Your will.  You have a plan for all of us.  You know what You are doing.  I am not You.  

The past two days have been better for me.  Being in Your presence is a HUGE help!  I pray You continue to be my strength.  I pray You continue to be my confidence.  I pray that You continue to help me get out of Your way so Your will may be done.  

Ever Yours,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment